Salesian College is committed to the physical, social, mental and spiritual wellbeing of our students and College community.
Our Canteen offers a wide variety of meals, snacks and refreshments.
Our Canteen provider, Jones Catering, has been working with the College
to provide the following:
- Food that is fresh, tasty, varied and seasonal
- Catering for a diverse range of dietary requirements
- Good value and offering varied price points for nutritious food
- Water only school
- Food selections that are reflective of the Australian Dietary Guidelines and Healthy School Canteens.
- Presentation of healthy food in an attractive and interesting way
- An environment that is supportive of students to make healthy choices
- Food safety and food hygiene
- Packaging that aims to have minimal impact on the environment
- Move towards a queuing system that allows for minimal wait time
- Move towards an option of ‘cashless’ system within the canteen
- Opportunities for VCAL/VET Work placement integration
The College Canteen forms as a multi-functional facility. It has
plenty of indoor space and outdoor decking area and is a great place
where students can eat lunch and socialise. Students are encouraged to
utilise the mezzanine break-out area for group work.