Conveyance Allowance

The conveyance allowance is a form of financial assistance for parents/carers to transport children to and from school in rural and regional Victoria. Allowances are available for public transport, private car and private bus travel.

In some locations, students are unable to access free school buses. In these instances, students may receive a conveyance allowance to assist with travel costs.

To be eligible a student must:

  • Attend their closest government or non-government school/campus, appropriate to their year level, at which admission is permissible, and which is located outside the Melbourne metropolitan conveyance boundary.
  • Reside 4.8km or more by the shortest practicable route from that school/campus attended (government and non-government students).

Families who wish to apply for this allowance are required to collect a Conveyance Allowance Application form from the College Administration Office.  Completed forms need to be returned to the College prior to Monday 27 February.

If you have any queries regarding the conveyance allowance, contact Melody Cuthbert at the College on 9744 0098.

Please note that students living in the Hillside/Sydenham areas are not eligible for this allowance.

Paul Hillas
Business Manager