Travel Concessions


The conveyance allowance is a form of financial assistance for parents/carers to transport children to and from school in rural and regional Victoria. Allowances are available for public transport, private car and private bus travel.

In some locations, students are unable to access free school buses. In these instances, students may receive a conveyance allowance to assist with travel costs.

To be eligible a student must:

Attend their closest government or non-government school/campus, appropriate to their year level, at which admission is permissible, and which is located outside the Melbourne metropolitan conveyance boundary
Reside 4.8km or more by the shortest practical route from that school/campus attended (government and non-government students).

Families who wish to apply for this allowance are required to collect a Conveyance Allowance Application form from the College Administration Office.  Completed forms need to be returned to the College prior to Monday 29 February.

If you have any queries regarding the conveyance allowance, contact Melody Cuthbert at the College on 9744-0098.

Please note that students living in the Hillside/Sydenham areas are not eligible for this allowance.

Paul Hillas
Business Manager



Important information regarding Victoria’s student and concessional travel ticketing arrangements for 2016 – Public Transport Victoria


Proof of concession entitlement

All students aged 17 years and over, or those requiring a half yearly or yearly Student Pass (regardless of age) are required to obtain a 2016 Victorian Public Transport (VPT) Student Concession Card as proof of their concession entitlement.  It is important to note that school issued student identification cards are not accepted as entitlement to concession travel on public transport. 


How to apply for a 2016 VPT Student Concession Card and/or a Student Pass

The 2016 VPT Student Concession Card and Student Pass Application Form can be obtained from

Metropolitan premium train stations
PTV Hubs (Southern Cross station, Docklands, Geelong and Bendigo)
V/Line staffed stations and ticket agents
PTV Call Centre – 1800 800 007
Online at


Victorian Student Pass

Students wishing to purchase a half-yearly or yearly Victorian Student Pass will be required to obtain a 2016 VPT Student Concession card, regardless of their age, as proof of their concession entitlement.  The standard $9.00 fee applies.


Students 16 years and under, who do not wish to purchase a half-yearly or yearly Victorian Student Pass are not required to obtain a 2016 VPT Student Concession Card, but can still get a child myki for concession travel.  A $3.00 card fee applies.