This week’s topics include:
- Mazzarello students learning about careers
- Local job opportunities
- Why all students need a Tax File Number (TFN)
- Increasing the chance of gaining employment after university
- Accounting careers
- Upcoming dates
Careers in the Curriculum
Careers Education at Salesian aims to develop students in three ways: self-awareness and self-development, careers exploration, and career management.
Over the last three weeks Mazzarello Year 9 students were presented with the future outlook of careers and technology. All students completed learning activities using our Schoolbox Careers Portal to complete self-awareness and job interest tests and quizzes, a personal Career Action Plan summary of their achievements and goals, career investigation, and a Resume and Cover Letter. Parents can see the learning activities and access resources by clicking here.
- Junior Florist apprenticeship opportunity
Gisborne Cottage Flowers are looking for a full-time Junior Apprentice Florist. Weekday and weekend work. If you are artistic and can see yourself working in floristry, send in your resume via email to email@example.com Contact: Hazel, 5428 4199 website: https://www.gisbornecottageflowers.com.au/ Facebook: /GisborneCottageFlorist/
- Yr 12 Graduates
Western Water - Full-time, one year Business Traineeships in Administration. Positions available in customer service/admin and in-field auditing. Apprenticeships also available in Engineering and Mechanics BMW - Call Julie Stephens 0409 859 969.
- AFL Sportsready - Two traineeships available here at the school – Sports Assisitant & Arts Assistant
- First year Shopfitting Apprenticeship available with Mattlac in Tullamarine - employer is specifically interested in a Salesian graduate. Click here for more information.
Casual work for Bosco students
- Sunbury hairdresser looking for Casual salon assistant for upcoming busy period until Christmas. Possibility of future apprenticeship. Call Melanie Bartells 0433 109 309
- Sunbury photography business looking for a casual team member to work in customer service, post-photo processing, setting up, sales and pack up. Saturday work available. You need to be a team player with good customer service skills. To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
- The Epicurean @ Emu Bottom have current vacancies for Front Of House staff, preferably with previous hospitality experience and RSA in particular a PLUS. Email your resume to Alex email@example.com
Click here for further Career News articles