Congratulations to our 2018 Year 12s with 83% going on to tertiary study, 11% taking on apprenticeships and traineeship pathways and 6% seeking work.
The best career pathway decisions are made by students who have spent time researching their options and pathways. This can include conversations with family, friends and those in industry, work experience, researching on the web, and visiting tertitary providers.
All Year 10 and 12 students also have a careers appointment to discuss their ideas and how to best prepare for options with our Careers Advisers. All students and parents are welcome to make an appointments by emailing email@example.com
Year 10 work experience is fast approaching!
All Term 2 requests are due Friday 22 February.
• Become an footy umpire with EDFL
• Applying for medicine? You may need to sit the UCAT.
• Careers in the automotive industry
• Short courses in art and design at RMIT
• AusAppPathways: download the apprenticeship and traineeship app to your phone
• Making the most of school for students who are feeling unmotivated
• Article for parents - making the most of opportunities for your child
• Sports courses - Richmond Football Club/Swinburne University and Carlton Football Club/La Trobe University
• How to write resumes and cover letters
• Organise your Tax File Number
• Work experience options
• What is study science and medicine at Monash like?
• Victoria University - Law and Victoria Police partnership
• Interested in engineering? Join the Engineers Australia Facebook page and take a quiz to find out what branch of engineering you'd be suited to studying
• A day in the life of a global studies student
• Top 10 occupations with the largest projected job growth over the next 5 years
• Dates for your diary
Read an update from Acting Principal, Mrs Angela Romano
An update from our Principal, Mr Mark Brockhus, as we prepare to commence the 2019 school year.
Cricket great, Darren Lehmann, visited last week as part of our Ashes Oval Redevelopment Project and our Father's Day Breakfast