Music is an integral component of our College’s curriculum and extra-curricular activities. It is one of the most enriching activities that a young person can engage in. The Performing Arts Department provides all students with the opportunity to learn a musical instrument and to also participate in the many ensembles operating within the College.
The private instrumental program operates during school hours and is an extension of the classroom based music learning experience offered to all
students from Year 7 to Year 12.
Private tuition is offered for an extensive variety of instruments including:
• Brass: Trumpet, Cornet, French Horn, Trombone, Euphonium, Tuba
• Woodwind: Flute, Clarinet, Oboe, Saxophone, Bassoon
• Percussion: Drum Kit and Orchestral Percussion
• Keyboard: Piano
• Guitar: Contemporary and Classical (including Bass)
• Voice: Contemporary and Classical
• Strings: Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass
The various bands perform at different locations and special events. Students are also encouraged to participate in the College Choir.
Music scholarships are available to students in Year 7 and Year 8. A scholarship is offered each semester to students who have studied a brass or woodwind instrument in a curriculum music class at the College.